Billing & InsuranceUsing Insurance Medicare Patients
Our clients choose us regardless of their insurance coverage because of the quality, effectiveness and speed of the results they receive here at Body Systems.
6 Reasons Why Our Clients Choose Us:
- Lower per-session cost. Our clients with large health insurance deductibles or those without insurance coverage prefer our clinic because we often end up being cheaper overall. This is because our services are about half of what you might spend in your typical insurance-taking clinic
- Fewer sessions overall. Our treatments are highly effective and very efficient so we often end up getting resolutions to issues in far fewer sessions. A typical number of sessions for an average client’s treatment with us range between 2, 4 & 12.
- Money-back guarantee. If you ask, we will give you your money back after your first 2 sessions if you don’t feel any improvements.
- Have control over your own treatment. This means that you get to decide if you want to continue treatment, how many sessions you have and how often you want to be seen.
- It’s about you, not insurance rules. Fascial Counterstrain therapy is one-on-one for an entire hour or more, with therapy precisely tailored to each client’s specific needs, as opposed to what an insurance company dictates.
- Trusted by clients because of their success. Fascial Counterstrain therapy is very powerful at resolving painful conditions, whether they are chronic, new or complex. People in Anchorage who know our clients hear about the great results our Fascial Counterstrain therapy gives. Hence, people who are focused on getting results seek us out.
At Body Systems we provide Fascial Counterstrain Therapy. We are a cash-pay practice and do not take insurance, but we are able to provide you with a superbill upon request. This is the form that you can submit to your insurance company to request reimbursement
You do not need a doctor’s referral to see a therapist in the State of Alaska. Some insurance companies require a referral and other documentation for reimbursement, some do not. Massage Therapy and Physical Therapy are different licenses and may have different requirements depending on the insurance plan. It is up to the patient to discover what their individual plan requires for insurance billing.
David is a Physical Therapist (MSPT)
Raoul is a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT)
If your insurance requires a prescription from a Doctor to qualify for billing, please make sure the following information is included:
- Massage Therapy and Physical Therapy
- Your diagnosis
- Duration of treatment
- Prescription for “manual therapy” and/or “neuromuscular re-education”.
Fascial Counterstrain Therapy is treatment that is different to traditional physical therapy and massage therapy. Those who practice Fascial Counterstrain therapy, whether they are licensed massage therapists or physical therapists, follow the same treatment procedures.
Medicare has peculiar rules regarding cash pay for Physical and Occupation Therapies. There are several grey areas, but in general, David cannot accept cash payments from patients that are enrolled in Medicare and we cannot bill Medicare either.
Raoul has no such limitation being a Massage Therapist. Medicare patients that realize the benefits of Fascial Counterstrain have an excellent therapist that can treat them now.
If you would like to avoid the hassle of billing your insurance, we would recommend trying our services for 1 or 2 sessions to see how it goes. After these you can then choose if you want to continue. If you do choose to continue, you can then decide how you want to deal with billing and insurance. Patients often find that our services are worth spending some money on because of how unique and effective Fascia Counterstrain Therapy can be.